Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 bone-in pork chops
3 cups room-temperature water
½ cup C&J Farms Garlic Salt
¼ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons C&J Farms minced garlic
Gallon zip-top bag
Large plate or baking sheet
Large cast iron skillet
- Tenderize the pork chops with a fork. Place the fork chops on a large plate or baking sheet. Place the pork chops on a large plate or baking sheet. Prick the chops with a fork, about ⅛ inch deep. Flip the pork chops and repeat pricking the other side.
- Brine the pork chops. Place the water, salt, and brown sugar in a gallon zip-top bag and store to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add the pork chops and seal the bag. Place the bag on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange so that the pork chops are sitting in a single layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
- Drain and pat the chops dry. Remove the pork chops from the bring and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear.
- Continuing flipping and cooking for 8-10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes more, flipping the chops every minute, until they register 135*F in the thickest part.
- Butter the baste off the heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter, thyme, and garlic. Use a large spoon to spoon the melted butter over the pork chops flip the pork chops and baste again. Let the pork chops rest in the pan until they reach 140 to 145*F, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Slice the pork chops across the grain and serve with the butter sauce.