Mama’s Stuffing Recipe:
– 8 chicken thighs (cover in salted water and cook till done + 1 teaspoons of C&J Farms Poultry Seasonings to water)
– 2 cans jellied cranberry sauce
– 2 stalks celery (2 bunches, chopped finely)
– 1 onion large (chopped finely)
– 2 packages of chicken gravy mix (add cooked giblets and 4 tablespoons of cooked celery and onion)
– 4 yellow cornbread mix (prepare 1 day ahead and let sit out to dry out some)
– 1 can biscuits (same procedure as cornbread)
– 2 or 3 tablespoons of sage to taste
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of poultry seasoning to taste.
– 3 eggs (beaten)
– 2 to 3 cups of chicken broth (approximately 2 cans)
– Roasted Garlic Salt from C&J Farms
– Cook chicken and de-bone, set aside.
– Add celery and onion to chicken broth – plus two cans of chicken broth (cook till Clery is tender)
– Crumble cornbread and biscuits in large turkey pan. Add seasonings, mix in beaten eggs, add onion and celery.
– Slowly pour broth over cornbread mix (stir mix)
– Now add cooked chicken. Stir in cooked chicken into your wet dressing.
– Place in oven at 375* for about 1 1/2 hour.