Thank you to StudioBotanica.com for this recipe. These brownies turned out so delicious! Everyone enjoyed them. The trick is lavender infused butter. Such brilliance! Infusing butter with any herb opens the door to so many new flavors.
Melt the butter over low heat, put in the lavender and let infuse in the warm butter for 10 minutes or longer, strain the lavender out. Voila!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tsp Lavender flowers (dried)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- Optional 1 cup chopped nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Either line bottom and sides of 8×8 baking pan with parchment or
- Grease small muffin tins with coconut oil or a little butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- Melt the butter in a small pot over very low heat.
- When melted, add the Lavender flowers. Stir gently to cover all flowers.
- On very low heat, allow the flowers to impart their flavor into the butter.
- After about 8 minutes, remove the pot from the heat. Strain the butter into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa. Blend in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients
- Blend all together and spoon into the muffin tins (or the 8×8 pan)
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 50 minutes depending on your oven. Begin to check for doneness in 30 minutes.